The first Aldeburgh Food and Drink Festival took place at Snape Maltings in 2006 to celebrate and publicise the abundance, variety and quality of food and drink in Suffolk. The organisers of the not-for-profit event also sought to reconnect people with the food provided by the landscape as a whole: the villages and market towns, the fields, woodlands and marshes, the rivers and the sea. The Festival has grown in size, success and importance but its philosophy remains the same.
- To celebrate and promote the variety, quality and abundance of food and drink in Suffolk.
- To publicise Suffolk as a great food and drink destination throughout the year.
- To encourage and support new and fledgling food and drink businesses.
- To seek and support organisations that educate Suffolk people of all ages on how to grow, cook and eat healthy food.
- Host discussions to explore food and nutrition issues of national interest.